- Pets (non-service animals) are prohibited in University facilities.
- Service animals are allowed in University facilities.
- Emotional support animals are permitted with written permission in University Residences.
- Pets, services animals, and emotional support animals must be under their handler’s control at all times.
- No animal may be tethered or left alone.
Service and Emotional Support Animals:
Sue Gunther-Schlesinger, Vice Provost for Equal Opportunity and Diversity
Animals in Research:
Guatam Pillay, Vice Provost for Research and Sponsored Programs
Animals – General (safety; nuisance):
Darin Rasmussen, Chief of Police
Animals in the Classrooms
David Brunnemer, Registrar
Animals in the Workplace
Chyerl Wolfe-Lee, Assistant Vice President for Human Resources
Animals in University Residences
Leonard Jones, Director of University Residences
42USC12101 Americans with Disabilities Act
24CFR100 Fair Housing Act
9CFR1(A) Animal and Plant Health Inspection – Animal Welfare
7 USC 54§2131 Transportation, Sale, and Handling of Certain Animals
RCW 49.60 Human Rights Commission
RCW 9.91.170 Interfering with dog guide or service animal
RCW 70.84.060 Unauthorized use of white cane, dog guide, or service animal
RCW 16.52.340 Leaving or confining any animal in unattended motor vehicle or enclosed space