- University employees, students and volunteers who may operate a vehicle on behalf of WWU must complete the state Basic Driver Safety Program. See Training section below.
- Employees and students must obtain prior approval for University business travel that will incur travel related expenses.
- Rental of 15-passenger vans is prohibited by the University. Only 12-passenger vans are permitted if driver criteria is met and the Large Passenger Van Training has been completed.
- Contact Risk Management before:
- Acquiring or using watercrafts (i.e. boats)
- Using privately owned, charted, or rented aircraft (including blimps and balloons) for University business or sponsored events.
PRO-U2105.01A Requesting an Exception to Official Travel Warnings
PRO-U5348.10A Requesting Travel Authorization for Employees or Group Travel
PRO-U5348.10B Reporting and Reconciling Travel Expenses
PRO-U5348.10C Collecting Overdue Travel Advances
PRO-U5315.23A Requesting Use of Non-Owned Aircraft
FRM-U2105.01A Exception to Official Travel Warnings Request Form
RCW 28B.10.660 Insurance Protection – Students participating in studies or research outside the United States.
RCW 43.03 Salaries and Expenses
RCW 42.52 Ethics in Public Service
SAAM Chapter 10 Travel
SAAM 70.20 Prospective Employee Interview Travel Expenses
For employee business travel expense approval:
Pete Heilgeist, Director of Business Services